At a customer location we did have the problem that external feeds were not working in the Notes 8 feed reader application. Internal feeds had no problem. Customer was using a proxy server to connect to the Internet.
In the location document the proxy settings including the correct exception list was defined correctly but we could not connect to the feeds on the Internet.
We found out that the file "com.ibm.rcp.net.http.prefs" in the directory
(under Notes data) did not contain the correct exception list in the line "http.nonProxyHosts=". This line still had an entry in the form "10.*" and trailing "*" characters are not allowed as exception list entries within Notes.
As soons as we corrected this entry the feeds were working without a problem.
We then did some more testing and found out, that changing the proxy exception list in the location document will not change the corresponding line in the file above. It will only be written correctly into this file if the line "http.nonProxyHosts=" is not present in the file. In this case the settings are written correctly. All other settings are updated correctly.
So until this bug is fixed as a workaround you can change the line "http.nonProxyHosts=" in the file "com.ibm.rcp.net.http.prefs" to the correct settings.
BTW: Im quite sure that this file will be used in Notes 8.0.1 for widgets also. So if you have problems here have also a look into this file.