If you want to enable Sametime awareness within Lotus Connections 2.5 together with the Sametime embedded client in Notes 8.0.2 or later you need to do the following (Documented in the InfoCenter but seems sometimes to be overlooked)
- Exit the Notes client.
- Open the plugin_customization.ini file in a text editor.By default, the plugin_customization.ini file is stored in the following directory:
- Search for the com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.webapi/startWebContainer property. If it is set to false, set it equal to true. If you do not find it, add the property using the follow syntax:
- Search for thecom.ibm.collaboration.realtime.webapi/enableAllWebApisOverride property. If it is set to false, set it equal to true. If you do not find it, add the property using the follow syntax:
- Save and close the plugin_customization.ini file.
- Restart your Notes client.
- To test the setting login to Sametime and then call the following URL in a browser: http://localhost:59449/stwebapi/listservices
- You should see a list of all API services provided by the Sametime client. All values in the column “URL path” should be active (have a link where you can click)
This should work with all Notes versions later than 8.0.2 (IFR1).