If you want to use the Sametime Web API features of the Sametime Standalone or Sametime Embedded Client in Notes if you have enabled SSL for awareness / presence information you need first to do some steps on the client side in order to enable SSL for the Sametime Web API:
- Download the Sametime SDK (Software Development Kit)
- Extract the files somewhere, for example to C:\STSDK (you only need to extract the folder client/connectWeApi)
- Navigate to C:\STSDK\client\connectWebApi\samples\com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.webapi.ssl.feature
- Edit the file "ssl.txt" with a text editor
- Edit the last two lines so they look like this (make sure they point to the right path where you extracted the files in step #2 above):
- Attention: You need to escape the ":" with a "\" in Windows and the line breaks above should NOT be there in your file (they are just for displaying it correctly here on the site)
- The above is only as a demo. You can use your own key and trust store files here (and would need to apply the correct password in this file as well!)
- Save the file
- Navigate to your workspace config directory. The location is different if you are using the Sametime Standalone Client or the Embedded Client in Notes:
- Sametime Embedded Client: <Notes Data Directory>\workspace\.config
- Sametime Standalone Client: %userprofile%\Application Data\Lotus\Sametime\.config
- Open the file "rcpinstall.properties" with a text editor
- Add the following two lines to the end of the file (again, make sure you modify the path to point to the location of the ssl.txt file in step 4 above):
- Save the file
- Check if there is already a file "webcontainer.properties" in the ".config" directory. If yes, rename it to another name.
- If you are using the Sametime Embedded Client in Notes enable the Web API feature (if not already done before).
- Now start your Sametime Standalone Client or your Notes Client and log in to Sametime
- Wait about 15 seconds after you have successfully logged in.
- If you have used a self-signed certificate above, open your browser and go to https://localhost:59669/stwebapi/listservices and accept the self-signed certificate forever
[Thanks to Luis Benitzez]